SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR SKY LANTERNS
Sky Lanterns are completely safe to use, however, as it involves a naked flame there are safety procedures that should be followed. Please ensure you read the instructions provided and are familiar with them before launching your Sky Lantern.
Sky Lanterns – Safety Considerations
– Always keep water or fire extinguishers nearby.
– Children must not be left unattended with the Sky Lanterns.
– Ensure that the wind is not stronger than 5 mph.
– Use care around dry crops.
– Ensure that trees are not in the flight path.
– Do not release within five miles of an airport.
Sky Lanterns – Launching
- Check wind direction.
- Ensure there are no obstacles in the way of the intended balloon flight.
- Ensure Sky Lantern is fully open and corners are not creased.
- Light the corners of the fuel.
- Hold the Sky Lantern upright and after a few seconds the Sky Lantern will feel lighter and will gradually rise.
- Do not attempt to throw it up into the air, just guide it and let it go by itself.
- Stand back and watch it float up into the sky.
Check before Launching Sky Lanterns
- Ensure that the wind is very light – 7 miles per hour or below is suitable for launching Sky Lanterns of all sizes.
- Only launch Sky Lanterns in a large clear space away from trees, powerlines and buildings. Do not use Sky Lanterns within 5 miles of an airport.
- If there is a slight breeze, ensure that when launched, your sky lanterns do not fly towards buildings, trees, airports, roads or any area they may pose a danger.
- Ensure that all spectators stand upwind of the people launching the Sky Lanterns.
- It is advisable to have a bucket of water or some sand close by in case of emergency.
- Sky Lanterns are not a toy. Sky Lanterns should only be launched by a responsible Adult.
- Do not use during prolonged periods of dry weather.
- Do not launch torn or damaged Sky Lanterns.
- Do not Launch Sky Lanterns if the glow could be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
- Do not use if under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read all safety instructions carefully before launching Sky Lanterns.
Sky Lantern India accepts no responsibility for any damage or injury whatsoever caused resulting from the use of Sky Lanterns.